What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, smartphone or other device when you access the internet. These files are neither a virus nor spyware.
What types of cookies are there?
There are three types of cookies:
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that exist only while you are using a website. Examples of uses of a session cookie would be to remember navigation history of pages, remember search settings and content of shopping baskets within an online shop. These cookies expire when the browser is closed.
- Permanent cookies: these remain in operation, even when you have closed the browser. They remember your choices so you don’t have to type them in every time you use the site. Permanent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor but don’t contain information that could be used to identify you to another person.
- Third-party cookies: these are installed by third parties with the aim of collecting certain information to carry out various analytic services.
None of the cookies used by this website will collect your personal information. Any information contained within our cookies cannot be used to personally identify you.
A visit to our website may generate the following types of cookies,
- Geotargetting cookies
- Analytic and Performance cookies
- Tracking cookies
These cookies are used by our site to work out whereabouts in the country you are in from the information supplied by your browser. This information is then used to display local content within a web page. This cookie is completely anonymous.
Analytic and Performance cookies
These cookies are used to track navigation through our website, and deliver consistent experiences across all page visits. Examples include,
- Video streaming speeds that are compatible with your browser
- Number of visits to a page
- Which terms were last used when searching for properties
These cookies can tell us whether or not you have visited our website before. Your browser will tell us if you have these cookies and, if you don’t, we generate new ones. This allows us to track how many individual visitors we have, how often they visit and where they originated from.
How do I manage and delete cookies?
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies set by our website, or any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
Useful links regarding managing cookies can found as follows,
Alternatively, you could visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on cookies within a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer. To learn about controlling cookies on the browser of your mobile device please refer to your handset manual.