FJLord Lettings is offering landlords an opportunity to move tenants into their properties over the Christmas and New Year period in the attempt of avoiding a potentially expensive ‘void’ or unlet period.
FJLord’s ‘Zero Rent Event’ is a yearly event, designed to boost impact by offering hundreds of properties with a rent free period to future tenants.
We spoke to Operations Director Paul Sloan who has provided us with some extra information on this event:
1. What is the Zero Rent Event?
The No Rent Event is a campaign created to entice interest from prospective tenants by offering a rent free period. At particular times of year it’s crucial to make rental property stand out in a competitive market.
2. When is the Zero Rent Event taking place?
The event takes place in December.
3. How is it decided when the ‘rent free’ period will be, do I get a say?
We designate a time that we think will maximise interest. This will be when we feel that tenants need an extra incentive. As a landlord you’ll receive total control over the time your property is marketed in this way and obviously be forwarded any potential offers.
4. How long does the ‘rent free’ period last?
It usually takes place over a period of 2 weeks, but it can be increased or decreased if you wish.
5. Does it affect my rental income?
It will but only when offering the rent free period. Once it has concluded, you will collect rent as normal.
6. How will it be promoted?
This campaign will be advertised heavily through both online and offline methods. All of our branches will be working non-stop to reach as many potential tenants as they can when promoting it.
7. How will you reach my target tenant?
Your property will be marketed with the agreed rent free period; the properties with this benefit will be heavily promoted in our branches.
8. How do I get one of my properties involved in the event?
Just get in touch with your local branch team. They will be happy to help.
9. Is there a limit on how many of my properties I can promote in the event?
You will be able to promote as many properties as you like in the event.
10. Do you promote existing properties in the event or just new ones?
Any property that is available to rent is eligible for promotion.
11. What happens if my property still hasn’t found a tenant by the end of the event?
Your agent will contact you with marketing advice and will then offer you the option to continue promoting this benefit to tenants, should you wish to do so.
12. How/How often will I be kept up to date on the progress of my property during the event?
Throughout the event, you will get be contacted regularly with marketing advice and feedback on viewings over telephone and email.
13. How can I find out more about the Zero Rent Event?
Contact your local branch to find out more about the event. They are happy to answer any questions that you may have.
Get in touch with your local Felicity J Lord branch if you want more information on this initiative.
Branches are available by telephone from 8am to 10pm seven days per week.